HomeAbout MoiMy EtsyDIYMy Studio

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Somewhere In Time

I am sharing a poem that has been on whatever wall i have had the pleasure of looking at since i was a freshman in college. 
It has hung on 4 different dorm walls... followed me to 2 apartments... and now the home i live in with Mr. PML. 
It has been my "mantra".... of sorts... for a very long time now. 
I hope you enjoy it too...




"Somewhere In Time"

"Somewhere in time
there's a place for me.
I'm told it's in the centuries.
Born in the wrong time and place,
possibly of the wrong gender and race,
as well as financial endowment.

Who am I?
I am the dreamer.
One who lives in each and every living soul.
The one who is not content with where she is now
but wishes she's someone she isn't.

I am the dreamer of the past.
Of things old, yet cherished.
I bring them from the past
and keep them alive in the present.

I am the dreamer of the future.
Who foresees a great horizon.
and greets it with open arms,
therefore, creating reality."

~*~Charlene Matteson Thomas~*~


Avec Amour, 
~*~Michelle~*~

16 comments:

  1. Michelle~This is beautiful. So many lines in it can strike a cord. Thank you for sharing it. I plan to pass it on to my college age daughter.
    Karen
    designthejourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful poem Michelle.
    Thanks a sharing.
    Wishing you a wonderful sunday
    xo Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats beautiful Michelle and fits you so well.

    I keep thinking about your story of how you and your hubby met. Its like a fairy tale come true.
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, I really like those words! judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful treasure and beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is soooooo pretty!

    both image and poem!
    !
    happy sunday!
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this poem. Thank you for sharing.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Michelle,
    It is a wonderfull poem- and for so many a true one ,too-the last two verses, realy speaks to me.
    Thank you sweet.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Michelle! After a harried Sunday, I'm finally relaxing in my jammies visiting my favorite blogs, sipping some warm coffee--that really is beautiful. Do you have this poem in a collage? I already have ideas floating along.
    Take care, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great poem and I love that it has followed you where ever you go!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful words. Thanks for sharing them!

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a romantic, lovely poem Michelle. It fits the dreamer in all of us. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    I just read you will be a featured artist on Melinda's new 'Inspiration vintage...the Vintage Inspired Home' blog. Can't wait to see more!
    Off to enjoy vaca with the kiddos and hubby... :)
    See you at WW,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was lovely Michelle, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, that is you and so many of us. Dreamers and holding on to the past any way we can. We are lucky souls to have our dreams.

    Thank you for sharing what clearly is a part of you, sweet friend. It opened my eyes to how I feel inside.

    xoxoxoxoxo Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well aren't we just a couple of poetry lovers? I can see why this poem would resonate so much with you. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nostalgic poem- I love it, it just makes me want to bring something from the past to the present in one of my creations- thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Taking the time to share your thoughts...your words...and your inspiration fills my soul....Merci.
~*~Michelle~*~