HomeAbout MoiMy EtsyDIYMy Studio

Friday, July 30, 2010

What's A Girl To Do?

What's a girl to do when she finds BOXES of these.....
..with THIS inside???
..she makes these....
..and LOTS of them!
I found boxes full of the most amazing vintage gauze tape (no adhesive) the perfect hint of vintage aging and just the right width to make some fabric roses! Do ya think i grabbed more than a handful of them? Ahh....NOPE! I didn't want to open these boxes before i purchased them at an estate sale and really wasn't sure what i was getting here so i only grabbed a few. I thought that there might have been an "adhesive" on them as it did say "tape" on the box and this stuff was OLD! I mean...just look at the nostalgic boxes! (the owner was  a nurse "in her day" and , by the looks of her medicine cabinet, she pilfered quite a few of these from her "place of employment!" LOL!) Live and learn dear junkin' friends! If I ever see these sweet boxes again...I'll be pilfering them myself!!

Happy French Friday!
I'm heading over to Rhonda at...
 to see what magnifique creations she's come up with this week!
Avec Amour,
~*~Michelle~*~

15 comments:

  1. Ohhh what a lucky lady! Those roses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh yes, I agree ~ fabulously beautiful!!
    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!! I love to make roses out of gauze! What a neat find...lucky you!!
    Hugs~
    PS if that estate sale is still on you better run back and get the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find and you've made such beautiful rosettes with them!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful roses Michelle - what a great find
    xo Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. tres elegante! ...from such humble materials too!
    enJOY,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that was clever! Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought to make flowers out of old guaze!!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these! great idea! i still regret some of the treasures i have passed on in the past...

    ReplyDelete
  9. One day I too will learn how to make those beautiful fabric flowers....tres chic....so pretty...I actually gasped when I saw what you did with the boxes of gauze....you're good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How darn cute are these! Love your idea, who would have thunk it!!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You clever girl you! I love your vintage bandage roses!!!
    your White Wednesday post was gorgeous. I am crushin' on the benches and everything else in your garden and patio space. Why do you have to live so far away???
    Thank you so much for your sweet message...do you know it made my day?!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Michelle ~ how wonderful! Will they appear in your etsy shop? Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them!! If you did put them in your etsy shop I would buy some. I need to learn how to make some rosettes. Have a good weekend.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Taking the time to share your thoughts...your words...and your inspiration fills my soul....Merci.
~*~Michelle~*~