HomeAbout MoiMy EtsyDIYMy Studio

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

White Wednesday

As promised, I'm sharing the "tresors"I found while at my beloved Maine seaside. First find was this set of Matelasse pillow shams.....

Matelassé (mat-la-SAY) is a weaving or stitching technique yielding a pattern that appears quilted or padded.[1] [2] Matelassé may be achieved by hand, on a jacquard loom, or a quilting machine. It is meant to mimic the style of hand-stitched quilts made in MarseillesFrance. It is a heavy, thick textile that appears to be padded, but actually has no padding within the fabric.
($6.00 for the pair)



I can never pass up these "Mary" vases and statues...so heavenly.


This set of Spode demitasses are tooo sweet...do you see the "fleur-de-lys" pattern on them? Sigh....

These petite spice jars will come in handy to organize some  of my destash (with some French labels attached...mais oui!)


The FIND of the day were these fleur-de-lys hinges. Still in their original packaging....ooh la la! (I'm thinking necklaces....)

...and HOW could I leave this key with my initial on it?

A sweet oiseau..."Wade...England"


....creamy measuring cups...(time to get rid of the plastic ones).

I almost swooned when I spied this vintage Holy Water Font....ONE dollar!!

I grabbed  a bag FULL of lace pieces for 75 cents!

And these Immaculate Mary medals were 10 cents each.

I found this old book...


...loved the inscription....



Packed everything up in  this tote I found at Home Goods....
...they had 3 different sizes...

...this was the smallest one.... 


...I sooooo regret not buying all of them!



...and, last but not least....

...my "bleu" fix....

...some vintage books....

...a blue pitcher for my "cuisine"....



...and this heavenly French prayer....



Happy White Wednesday mes ames! 



28 comments:

  1. OH my gosh....you have to pop over to my blog...I just posted my new Mary AND I have the exact same measuring cups as you do...they are in the last photo of my post!!! Man do we have the same taste...can you imagine shopping together..it would be stressful unless they had two of everything!!! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your treasures !! I do have the Mary statue the one on the right. I think they are so beautiful and it adds a peaceful touch to a room, How fun you will have putting them in their own little special places. have a beautiful and creative evening...Chickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best treasure hunter.
    Looks like fun was had all around.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Just love the key with your initial...what found joy!! And those adorable little demitasse cups! So very sweet! And I adore the Guest of the Heart book! Thanks for sharing your tresors!

    Hugs!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michelle, the French Blessed mother print is gorgeous, but I fell in love with the holy water font. How is it that you find so many religious goods? Is your area predominately Catholic? Hope your feeling better. Me? Flipped over my stinker cat going up the stairs fell on both knees, very ouch!!! later,Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh did you hit the mother load or what!! Love what you found...love, love. Di@cottage-wishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your beautiful treasures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Michelle, what fabulous treasures!! You are certainly blessed! :) Love love it all!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so beautiful Michelle! I'm swooning over your treasures. That bag from Home Goods is so pretty, the perfect vessel for so much beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Spode cups. You've unearthed more fab treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what amazing treasures you've found, Michelle! Love the fleur de lis, and your huge tote bag is tres magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You scored again my friend!

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Michelle, you have an eye for excellence. Every single treasure you brought back is WONDERFUL. I love the holy water font and you found some wonderful Blessed Mother pieces. I search for them each time I go tag sales or shops, but they are hard to find. I have a small collection and I love every piece.
    This is a perfect White Wednesday post, Michelle ~ filled with white beauty.
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Michelle, what treasures, so love those sweet demitasse cups!
    enJOY a lovely Wednesday ,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  15. such darling finds, michelle:) love the little crown esp, and i found that tote, too--love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michelle,
    You found the perfect treasures!All so beautiful.
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd walk a mile to find treasures like these. You display them so well! So beautiful, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving all those finds...so wonderful, so you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my deaR Michelle,
    aGAIN you found such beautiful treasures.
    The Matelassè sewing is so wonderful, the lovely demitaSSE cups, and measuring ones too,-and LOVE the holy waterfond and old book. Well I would have run away with it all myself, too :-)
    Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merci, Michelle, for sharing such beautiful goodies with us. I like the 'demitasses' very much.
    I wish you a happy and peaceful summer vacation.
    'See you' in September.
    Bisous,
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  21. You always find the best treasures,Michelle.Love them all:)
    Happy WW.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Michelle...you always find the best stuff!!!! I love each and every treasure sweet friend!! So many wonderful goodies...hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Michelle, I love everything and especially the holy water font! What great treasures you found.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow michelle, you really hit the jackpot didnt you. great stuff at great prices. you always pick out the sweetest stuff. wish we had things like that (in that much of a variety in one place). enjoy all of your newfound "treasures". know you will. blessings, susy

    ReplyDelete
  25. I neglected to tell you how beautiful your Paris totes are! I would love to sew something similar to that...and you said they were a nesting set? should have bought them all woman! they are perfect, and so useful....and so you! and me!


    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all your things Michelle. The Holy Cards will fit in perfectly! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Taking the time to share your thoughts...your words...and your inspiration fills my soul....Merci.
~*~Michelle~*~