HomeAbout MoiMy EtsyDIYMy Studio

Friday, July 6, 2012

Adventures Of The Picker Sisters Part 6


A few weekends ago, I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon with two of the sweetest gals you'd ever want to meet...Susan ("Evelyn & Rose") and Karen ("A Shabby Moment In Time"). It was a marathon day of pickin and junkin at three of the BEST markets, shops and shows in the North Shore area.

First stop was Todd Farm Flea Market in Rowley, MA. Open every Sunday from early spring to late fall....the farm fields are home to an eclectic group of vendors with something for every junk lover's heart.

~Susan, Me and Karen~


DO you think I took pictures of the fields or vendors wares? Non.  
I guess it's because I go there all the time... but here are a few of my "finds"....













...do stay tuned for a later Post where I'll show you what I did with each of these tresors
(I think you can guess it involves paint!)


Next stop was The White Elephant Outlet in scenic Essex.....a picturesque seaside town.

The outlet is open on weekends only and everything is ALWAYS 50% off!



~"Moi" and Susan~

...sweet Karen....

Found these vintage crochet spools there as well as some other tresors that you can read more about in THIS Post. 

And here's what else was there for the pickin....






Next stop was Pettengell Farm in Salisbury for their annual Vintage Bazaar.... 
Here's where we lost dear Susan ( well, we didn't really "lose" her.... she just had to leave the party to join her family for some precious family time).

"Held on a picturesque flower Farm, The Vintage Bazaar is an upscale outdoor market featuring antiques, architectural salvage, vintage jewelry & clothing, original art and unique artisan crafts. 
Vendors travel from all across New England to display their vintage finds and handcrafted items."

Sweet white tents dotted the fields and beckoned us in....

and this sweet glamper was home to one of the vendors for the week-end. How cute!


I had the pleasure of meeting dear Colleen Bloom from 
She commented on my blouse and the next thing you know....we realized that she stalks follows my humble blog!!
Her booth was simply stunning, as you will see for yourself in the next few pictures.........






















You can see more of her style on her new blog:
Stop in and tell her PML sent you! 


Here's what else was there for the pickin....
























And here's what came home with me....

...remember that sneak peek I gave you of this chippy column?

Well here it is in my studio... 

...love it (and "as is")!


And who can forget my previous post about THIS steal-of-the-day....
...my TEN dollar mirror!



Jeanne D'arc and French-inspired lovelies were everywhere....



It was while purchasing THIS heavenly bust of Ste. Therese that I met another delightful gal who stalks follows my blog....
...her name is Claire and her booth was equally-stunning as Colleen's but, alas, my camera called it quits just before. 
"Bonjour" Claire...please say "hello" when you get the chance! ;)



All in all, I would have to say that it was just about the loveliest day I've spent in a long time thanks to my Picker Sisters.... Susan & Karen and all the delightful gals we met along the way! 
(Not to mention the delightful finds that came home with us!)

Until next time....

15 comments:

  1. This looks like some awesome markets Michelle - so much wonderful stuff.
    Love those little pale blue books you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Michelle. Your studio looks like a feast for the eyes! I'm a blancophile, too - lover of white textural things. :)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! So many treasures, I saw a few things in each picture that I would Love to bring home with me =) Wishing you a lovely weekend! xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post. I love looking at the pics. I love markets !! This one looked like so much fun. Especially when its shared with good friends. The excitement of that find you love. Have a beautiful day Michelle. thanks for taking the time to share your pics.....Chickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Thanks for taking us along! Fun fun fun stuff! That little bug camper is hilarious. You all are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously!!!
    oh I am so jealous.
    I would love to go to sales like this. Maybe it is better we don't have things like this around here. My home would be bursting at the seams with finds I would lug home. LOL
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, what a wonderful picker trip! I loved seeing all the beautiful, shabby, chippy and junky treasures. What a paradise.

    Love what you did with your treasures too.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes ,like Sissie writes ,that must have been paradise,attending those fantastic markets,- so many wonderful things,-the ones you purchased and all you have shown dear Michelle.And so lovely to spend the day with good friends.
    Happy week-end, and hugs.
    xx,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun! I see lots of things I would have gone after.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At last! The photos of this amazing fair and I'm so sad to have missed it. I found so many tresors in these photos that would have came home with me...oh, you girls must have had a dandy time. And even more delightful that you met some blog fans - wow! Okay, I MUST attend this with you in the fall mon amie.
    Oh, and love all the pics of the earlier part of our day - makes me grin all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It dosen't get much better than that, junkin with friends. Pure bliss!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGoodness did I miss alot!!
    I would have had my car loaded to the top!
    I'm going back to peek again (and cry at what I missed)!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michelle,
    That a treat to meet up with other talented bloggers.So many beautiful photos.And what treasure you found too.LOVE it all!
    (((Hugs))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would do the very same thing with those lovely finds you got... Paint them WHITE, my favourite colour! Beautiful post, Michelle.
    Have a great day!

    Ciao Bella
    Sarah Lounsbury
    www.sensiblesarah.blogspot.ca
    www.sensiblesarah.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wish I have those things in my condo in philippines. Thanks for sharing those beautiful and inspiring photo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Taking the time to share your thoughts...your words...and your inspiration fills my soul....Merci.
~*~Michelle~*~