HomeAbout MoiMy EtsyDIYMy Studio

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wonderful White Wednesday

I'm posting early as i have plans for the evening and i will be heading out first thing tomorrow morning to drive my son back to school after an appointment here at home.
Sharing some pictures of the treasures i found this past weekend. It was absolutley gorgoeus here on the East Coast so i headed to my favorite place in all the world (besides the workshop of course)....the ocean!




The above are pictures of these sweet "sea nests" that I always find at my favorite beach in Rockport, MA. Well....they are not actual "nests" but they remind me of them so that is what i call them. They are actually just seagrass all tumbled together that washes up on the beach from time to time. I love them!

....and some sea pottery. this beach has loads of this gorgeous pottery that washes up along with sea glass. I have jars full of it but can never pass up collecting more of them!
...and a petite silverplated basket that i found at the thrift store for 1.99!! it reminded me of a spring easter basket. i know i'm pushing summer already but i just HAD to fill it with more of my newfound treasures.

...a few more "tresors" from the sea....
Happy WW to all and don't forget to go on over to Faded Charm for some more bits of wonderful white inspiration!
Avec Amour,
~*~*~*~michelle~*~*~*~

19 comments:

  1. ...oohhh! I just have to say, I really like your blog banner, it's so spring! ~ and your sea nests are just lovely! The ocean brings us so many gifts, even if it's just the sound of the waves! Happy White Wednesday! xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are lovely, and your "sea nest" is charming! LOVE that you find pottery shards washing up on your beaches... we don't have much of that here. Your new banner is lovely! If you ever need to wonder a little further east, there's lots of thrift shops and beaches to discover here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour mon ami!
    I love your treasures from the sea. I live just three miles from the ocean and I never really thought about picking up that grass
    but now I will.

    Beautiful post. Enjoy your evening.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! I just love the pieces of beach pottery. I have never seen that washed up on the beach before. I will be a new follower for sure. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your sea nests! They are so pretty! Unfortunately I don't live anywhere near the ocean or sea. Does a dirty river count?? LOL
    Beautiful pictures!!
    Blessings~
    Oh and that basket for $1.99!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your little bits and pieces of the sea. The nests are just precious! The pottery washes up on shore? that's amazing! Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely little treasures! My husband and I used to go to Rockport daytripping when we were dating....over 25 years ago. Need to get back there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle, Your silver plated basket is very pretty! I also find a lot of beach glass and sometimes some pieces of pottery as well. Isn't it funny that once you have started to pick it up it's hard to stop. I have no idea what I will ever do with all that beach glass.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful little nest that is! I love shell collecting in FL but here in CA our beaches don't seem to have any for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey bonjours, premiere visite chez toi. Tres beau le blanc du Mercredi. Are you French?
    I am from Paris living in the States. I am following you now. Come follow me :)
    Gros bisous
    Ecrit moi
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your whites are wonderful. I think your blog is beautiful and I have added myself to your list of followers. I know it's Thursday but happy WW anyways.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely blog site you have! Your White Wednesday is so lovely! I am now a faithful follower.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda
    Alabaster Rose Designs & 15 Bella Vie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your findings and treasures! Thank you for saying hi! Link the to French party the first.!!! You have some pretty French things. Gros bisous
    Will talk to you later! Frenchie :)
    frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Michelle, I love your whites so much! Ah to be on the finding these treasures would be a dream come true. I love the vignettes you have created with them all.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Party is Tomorrow Thursday at 12:30 my time. French obsession. I can't wait to see all French treasures from bloggers :)
    Gros bisous
    frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my goodness...I run across coverless books all the time and never thought to display them like this - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog is so pretty...I love all the white. I've never been to an ocean but I think I would first look for sea glass and pottery. How unique! Sally Hackney

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, I just found your blog and am smitten. I adore your pottery shards and sea nests!! I just went to your etsy store looking for them. Do you sell either of those items? They are beautiful and speak to me!
    I'm off to have a look around your blog, so happy to have found you :)
    Have a happy day

    ReplyDelete

Taking the time to share your thoughts...your words...and your inspiration fills my soul....Merci.
~*~Michelle~*~