Have you noticed?
"Grey" is invading our "deys!" And in a BIG "wey!" You'd have to be living under a rock ( a grey one) not to notice how this subtle....soothing....and calming color has influenced almost every aspect of our creative world. Once considered a "wall flower", this gorgeous color is now becoming the life of the party! And, speaking of, I'm ready to host one! Won't you join me here, every Thursdey, as I embark on a mission to add " a little grey to my dey?"
First things first....let's take a look at why this glorious color has gone unnoticed for so long by taking a look at its' definition....
grey or (now) (especially US) gray
- of a neutral tone, intermediate between black and white, that has no hue and reflects and transmits only a little light
- greyish in colour or having parts or marks that are greyish
- dismal or dark, esp from lack of light; gloomy
- neutral or dull, esp in character or opinion
- having grey hair
- of or relating to people of middle age or above ⇒ “grey power”
- ancient; venerable
- (of textiles) natural, unbleached, undyed, and untreated
ˈgreyish, (mainly US) ˈgrayish adjective
ˈgreyly, (mainly US) ˈgrayly adverb
ˈgreyness, (mainly US) ˈgrayness noun
Old English grǣg; related to Old High German grāo, Old Norse grar
= bleak, depressing, grim, discouraging, gloomy, hopeless, dismal, dreary, sombre, unpromising, disheartening, joyless, cheerless, comfortless
It's time to celebrate "Grey Thursdeys!"
~*~I would appreciate it if you would kindly add this button to your sidebar~*~
A few simple rules so that we all enjoy this weekly gathering....
1. You don't need to be a "follower" to participate. ALL are welcome!
2. Post anything in grey or "shades" of grey. If it's not something you've created or own, then please give credit to its' original source.
3.} Kindly link back
to this post or place the blog button on your sidebar with a direct link.
Let's add a little "grey to our deys!"
"Merci" for joining in.....