HomeAbout MoiMy EtsyDIYMy Studio

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Catching Dreams...

My son's girlfriend celebrated a birthday recently and she just loves dream catchers so.....

...I decided to try my hand at making one for her.


I knew she'd love those shabby chic ones we've seen all over Pinterest and Blogland.

The best part was...
...I found everything I needed right here in my studio!

I spray painted a vintage metal embroidery hoop.... 

...and then got busy adding vintage lace, ribbon, fabric strips.....

...and beads.

A vintage crocheted doily made for the perfect "catcher" of dreams.

It was fun and easy to make and, best of all, she LOVED it!
Happy day Mes Amies!







14 comments:

  1. I have not been into dream catchers until I saw a few recently that caught my eye. This one is so beautiful. I love the addition of beads, the doily and the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, I have been meaning to make this kind of dream catcher for months and still have it all sitting waiting for me to find time.
    I think you just inspired me to get up and do it
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! She must have been so delighted with it. Here you go, inspiring me again. I'd love to make one for my little craftavan in France.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.K. then! You've inspired me to give this a try as well.......:). Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty and creative; you made an original dream catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beautiful soft colors you chose for this dream catcher, so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darling! Love all those gorgeous ribbons! Who wouldn't love it???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Dream Catcher. Happy Belated Birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dreamcatcher is gorgeous. Love the colors.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course she loved it - what a lucky girl! Your talent knows no bounds, Michelle. Now I'll bet you'll get some requests for these, too. So neat that you had all that in your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful Michele, love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the muted pastels. She's a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a beautiful dream cather. I found a crocheted doily on a copper hoop at the Thrift store. I thought it was beautiful so I got it. Didn't know what I would do with it. I love the idea of hanging ribbon on it. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Taking the time to share your thoughts...your words...and your inspiration fills my soul....Merci.
~*~Michelle~*~