HomeAbout MoiMy EtsyDIYMy Studio

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wonderful White Wedenesday

Sharing some projects I am working on for the holidays and soon to be listed in my ETSY shop...

A christmas stocking made from a cutter piece of chenille and vintage lace... 

...with one of my gauze bandage rosettes...


 ...can't get enough of that creamy felt these days....
Here are some heart-shaped pocket ornaments i sewed...

 ...with vintage lace and rhinestone buttons....

 ...the back....
According to my Christmas edition of the Jeanne D'Arc Living magazine (mais oui....i have one!!!) Scandinavians call Christmas "The Festival of Hearts" and no home is without them.



. ..here are some recent junkin finds...

...another head vase to add to my collection...



 ...and this gorgeous bust of St.Therese that i found at an antique shop in Concord....

 ...she's quite large but i just had to have her...
she was "speaking" to me quite loudly!

 ...and a few "works-in-progress"....



Happy White Wednesday mes amies. 
I am linking up with Kathleen at 
for more wonderful white inspiration.

Avec Amour,
~*~Michelle~*~

16 comments:

  1. Your St.Therese bust is EXQUISITE! What a beautiful piece to call your own - what a fabulous find! LOVE your stocking and ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the best stuff to share with us. that bust of St. Therese is amazing and love all the old photos. I'm goingto be starting on some stockings tomorrow with a little help with my Mom. It should be a fun day.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chenille stockings are just lovely Michelle! I so wish I could sew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no softer blog than yours. It soothes us all. Beautiful creations, Michelle. Aren't we having fun with our passions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the white roses and most of all I like the little colored statue with her hands together. So holy.

    Regards Janny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle, I had the pleasure of sharing one of your sweet reliquaries with a wonderful friend of mine here in town, and she loved it. She then ordered one from you along with a wine bag... so today she had me put your reliquary in the center of a gray velvet rosette, with a pinback so she could put it on a sweater or hat. It is lovely, and she thinks you are as fabulous as I do! Theresa xoxo p.s. LOVE the St. Therese bust!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each item is so pretty Michelle. I really should get my sewing machine out and sew, but haven't done that for awhile. I will say that it is good therapy though. Happy WW!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your collection of Religious Art in shades of White is beautiful... very Nordic-French looking like those fabulous spreads in Jeanne D'Arc Living Magazine!

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hearts! All your creations are charming. Those skirts are so cute and clever. Fun to stop by and see what you're up to! Happy WW! Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love it when you get the creative bug Michelle! I love the chenille stocking. I noticed when I first started blog hopping that the Scandinavians used the hearts too. What a lovely tradition. I love so many of their traditions.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is it about using white, its so clean crisp and pure. Such a romantic feel to it all, Beautiful projects Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michelle, The chenille stocking is beautiful and the hearts are so cute.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those projects. I have many new "white projects too that I have been working on over at something special. come say hi and check out the new and improved in my craft studio.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know that chenille is expensive, but if one wanted to do stockings you really could get away with buying a small piece. Yours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Michelle,
    ooh, I so love your beautiful whites in this post. Your creations are amazing and so is St.
    Therese bust! TFS.Have a lovely day.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lookie at those belles in skirts!!! How cute!

    ReplyDelete

Taking the time to share your thoughts...your words...and your inspiration fills my soul....Merci.
~*~Michelle~*~