HomeAbout MoiMy EtsyDIYMy Studio

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I dedicate this post to "my dad" who passed away 7 years ago this coming August. And even though i feel his spirit and "see" him in so many ways, places and faces.....not a day goes by that I don't miss his "physical presence" in my life. He was the calm at the center of the storm for me. A priest once said that the nicest words one could use to describe a person are: "He is kind." My father was kind. He was kind-hearted. He had a kind smile. He always had kind words for those who needed to hear them. He had a kind soul. He was  a man of few words but when he spoke them...they were abundant in meaning. Small in stature...he was larger than life in my eyes. He was my idol, my hero, my mentor, my friend.


Happy Father's Day Dad. I miss you more than words can say.

"Life is eternal,
and love is immortal,
and death is only a horizon;
and a horizon is nothing
save the limit of our sight."

Avec Amour,
"Mickey"

8 comments:

  1. Michelle, your Dad looks like a very kind person. I'm sorry that he's not with you anymore. The baby picture of him is so precious. Have you used it to create any kind of memorial art yet?
    Hugs to you,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tribute to your dad. Makes me realise how blessed i am with my father still here. Hope you can have a great day in rememberance of your dad. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle I am so glad I stopped here first thing this morning and read this tribute to your dad. All your words have certainly warmed me today, and made me think of my own sweet father, who is no longer here. Have a beautiful day.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very lovely post indeed. I have just been back through many, many of your posts and everything is just beautiful. You find the most wonderful treasures when you are thrifting. Your home is lovely and inviting. Your artwork fabulous. Hope you are having a great day. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Michelle your father was a handsome man and I am sure you miss him dearly. I am so glad that you have fond memories of good times though!!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle,
    Well, you got me crying. What a beautiful way to honor the greastest man in your life. I lost my Father & best friend 3 years ago & I'll never stop missing him. He was so handsome & the Funniest person I ever knew. At least I know he's got them all laughing in heaven. Thanks for the great post. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, what a beautiful post! Now I know where your kindness comes from....your Papa.

    I know they say we will all end up like our "Mothers" no matter how hard we try not to, but there is always a little Dad in all of us, too.

    Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bill Mauldin WAS YOUR DAD ? I bet he was a fun dad. I can't believe that I JUST received an email about his life and his work today.
    I sent a copy of it to you about the stamp he has out now, but can't seem to locate one of them for some reason.


    Rose


    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Taking the time to share your thoughts...your words...and your inspiration fills my soul....Merci.
~*~Michelle~*~