HomeAbout MoiMy EtsyDIYMy Studio

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

White Wednesday

It's a winter wonderland outside my window today. Here on the East Coast we're in the middle of yet another snowstorm. And... although i think newly fallen snow is quite lovely...i'm thinking "Spring" on the inside today! So... i thought i'd share some of the "Springtime Whites" that I've been working on in the shop...and adorning my home.....
I have become addicted to making these beautiful chiffon roses ever since Linda at Robin's Egg Blues shared her technique with us! These are made with soft white chiffon and embellished with vintage pearl beads...



...they made their way into one of my nest assemblages...


...i have also been working on making my own speckled eggs. I like to use a lot of them in my assemblages, projects and vignettes. The Styrofoam and plastic ones are nice but i wanted more "weight" to mine so I hand rolled these out of clay...air dried them...painted them and then speckled them. I think i've acquired another addiction!!



...my sweet mantle angel modeling my 2 latest addictions!



Now don't forget to go on over to Kathleen at The Faded Charm (link on my sidebar) and get a look at all of the other gorgeous White Wednesday Posts!

Happy White Wednesday!
~*~*~*~Michelle~*~*~*~*~

9 comments:

  1. Lucky you! You've got snow! Ours quickly turned to rain once again.
    I love your wonderful eggs and roses! Those clay eggs are particularly darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretties! I love your eggs, they look so real.
    And those little rosettes are so sweet.
    I have a thing for making them too.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I would love to learn to make those roses. I have been making tons of tattered roses from the Green? Somerset publication, that's just out. I must have made 2 dozen of the this week. I think I'm hooked. I love your whites this week my friend. The eggs are so sweet.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love your Creations, The Blooms & the Eggs....
    So Pretty with Your Angel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely posies, lovely eggs. Really good combination. I have speckled my own eggs too, I used some very old wooden painted ones, worked like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. I also saw that wonderful post and was so intrigued with the process of making these delicate flowers. Yours are heavenly! I love he little speckled eggs you made, what kind of clay did you use. They are so sweet!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the hand made eggs, how clever you are. This is my first White post. I am having so much fun getting to know everyone. Can't wait to get to know you more.

    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm gonna have to try them! Pretty!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ADORE THOSE WHITE FLOWERS THAT YOU MAKE! IT'S A GREAT W.W POST.

    ReplyDelete

Taking the time to share your thoughts...your words...and your inspiration fills my soul....Merci.
~*~Michelle~*~